Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How it all began....


I knew I wanted to have a third baby while I was still pregnant with my second child. When she was 15 months old we decided to try for number three the following month, but we didn't have a chance because we found out we were already expecting! My due date would be February 23rd, 2 days before my birthday and about 2 weeks after my daughter's second birthday. It all seemed quite perfect and things were going just as we had planned.
My pregnancy seemed normal (for me). The morning sickness started around 7 weeks and I began taking medicine to combat that. I was tired and pukey, but it was what I expected. What I didn't expect was the lack of joy I was experiencing. I didn't feel the same excitement that I had with my previous pregnancies. My best friend had experienced two miscarriages in the last year and I figured I was just nervous and tired.
At 8 weeks I began spotting. I immediately called my best friend and I assumed that my pregnancy would end as hers had. I saw my doctor, he told me to take it easy, but there wasn't really anything we could do at this point to save the pregnancy. I laid around for 2 weeks while my mother-in-law, mom, husband and others took care of me and the kids. The bleeding stopped and I began to relax some, but I never felt the joy or peace I had experienced with my other pregnancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment